Photo Gallery: Deputy Secretary Harris in Minneapolis, Minn.
(February 21, 2012)
- A panel of local job club leaders moderated by Bruce Hanson (far left), a long-time job club leader in Minneapolis, discuss their programs' models. Charmanique Cox (fourth from left) is speaking about the job club she run for ex-offenders where she encourages her clients to expand their professional networks by volunteering.
- Deputy Secretary Seth Harris delivers remarks at the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships' Job Clubs Symposium at Temple Israel in Minneapolis on Tuesday.
- Deputy Secretary Seth Harris delivers remarks at the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships' Job Clubs Symposium at Temple Israel in Minneapolis on Tuesday. (ALT PIC)
- At the Job Club Symposium in Minneapolis, from left to right, Rev. Peg Chemberlin, Executive Director of the Minnesota Council of Churches; Deputy Secretary of Labor Seth Harris; and Bonnie Elsey, Director of Workforce Development at the MN Department of Employment and Economic Development and the President of the National Association of State Workforce Agencies.
- Deputy Secretary Harris poses for a photo with Eric Dore, a Department of Labor employee in the Minneapolis region.
- From left to right, Ben Seigel, Deputy Director of the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships; Karla Bachmann, Director of Economic Advancement of CLUES; and Representative Keith Ellison at the Job Clubs Symposium in Minneapolis.
- Deputy Secretary Harris tours Hennepin Tech's Fluid Power Lab with Richard Kelly, the college's M-Powered Program Director.
- The Deputy Secretary examines equipment used by students in the M-Powered Program.
- Deputy Secretary Harris receives instructions on some of the high-tech equipment used in Hennepin Tech's Machining Lab.