Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis addressing AFL-CIO on 50th Anniversary of EO 10988
(January 17, 2012)
- Secretary Solis introduces a commemorative poster to the audience at an AFL-CIO-hosted reception celebrating the 50th Anniversary of President Kennedy's Executive Order establishing collective bargaining rights for public employees.
- OPM Director John Berry addresses the audience.
- Secretary Solis listens to remarks from Director Berry alongside local and national labor leaders.
- Augusta Thomas, AFGE National Vice President for Women and Fair Practices, shares stories with Secretary Solis of organizing workers with her personal friend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- AFL-CIO National Secretary-Treasurer Liz Shuler introduces Secretary Solis.