Photo Gallery: The Department of Labor Releases the Global Gender Gap Report
(November 3, 2011)
- Chief Economist Adrianna Kugler (left) is presented a copy of The Global Gender Gap Report 2010 by its author Saadia Zahidi of the World Economic Forum.
- Zahidi explains the policy implications of the findings on the gender gap.
- Zahidi is welcomed by Secretary Solis as she joins the discussion on the report, with Women's Bureau Director Sara Manzano-Diaz in the background.
- Solis explains to representatives of participating organizations the significance of the Department's programs to results identified in the report.
- The Department takes a proactive approach to put layers of social protections in place so women are not exposed and needs advocacy by groups that protect women, Solis told the group.
- Kugler, Solis, Manzano-Diaz and Zahidi respond to questions from participants.