Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Meets With Council on Homelessness
(September 13, 2011)
- Secretary Solis, Chair of the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH), is joined by Vice-Chair and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan at the September 13, 2011 quarterly USICH meeting held at the Community of Hope homeless shelter in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington DC.
- Secretary Solis, flanked by U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness Executive Director Barbara Poppe (l) and HHS Secretary Sebelius (r) addresses the meeting participants at the September 13 USICH meeting, which focused in on the Obama Administration’s commitment to end family and children homelessness by the year 2020.
- Secretary Solis donates a children’s book about one of her heroes, Cesar Chavez, to the families at the Community of Hope shelter.
- Ruth McGhee shows off a picture of her daughter at the USICH meeting. Ruth, a resident of Community of Hope, shared her story with council members at the September 13 meeting.
- David Barnes, Community of Hope client, and father of two daughters shares his story with the USICH council members, including (l to r) Barbara Poppe, Secretary Solis, Secretary Sebelius, and Secretary Donovan.
- Secretary Solis embraces Ruth McGhee – whom she called 'Super Mom' for her amazing abilities to balance work, school, and motherhood – following the USICH meeting on September 13.