Photo Gallery: Dallas, Texas, 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony
(September 11, 2011)
- Dyess Air Force Base Honor Guard presents the Colors
- Members of the Dyess Air Force Base 7th Bomb Wing Honor Guard present the Colors to open the 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony.
- Debbie Denman shares her experiences as a news journalist reporting the events as they unfolded on 9/11/01.
- Jennifer Purdy accepts the quilts on behalf of the Dallas Fisher House. The quilts are given to injured veterans and their families who stay at the house while receiving treatment or recovering from their injuries at a Veterans Hospital.
- Approximately 200 Dallas-based Department of Labor, and other federal employees attended the 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony.
- Dallas-based BLS employee John Pauley gives the invocation during the 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony.
- Dallas-based BLS employee James Howard sings a tribute during the ceremony.
- Two members of the Dyess Air Force Base Honor Guard close the ceremony by placing a wreath at the base of the American flag in remembrance and in honor of the victims of 9/11, their families, the first responders and our military.
- Handmade by employees with the DOL, FLRA and the FEB, these quilts are part of the 17 donated through the Quilts of Valor project to the Dallas Fisher House for injured service members and their families.
- Thirty employees from the Dallas Region BLS office designed, pieced and appropriately named their quilt for the Quilts of Valor project. Pictured with their quilt, “Because we Love our Soldiers” are from left to right: Julie Wojciechowski, Marie Chen, Susan Mendez, John Pauley, Dorothy Cooper, Fonda Ivy and MaryLane Moore.
- OFCCP employees Vanessa Marek and Terria Giddings are pictured with their aptly named: You Are Our Super Hero! t-shirt quilt.