Photo Gallery: Hurricane Irene Damage and Clean Up
(September 1, 2011)
- As Hurricane Irene made its way to Puerto Rico and then the mainland of the U.S., the U.S. Department of Labor made preparations to assist with its aftermath.
- Catano, PR, August 26, 2011: Affected house by the Hurracaine Irene in Catano. Eliud Echevarria/FEMA.
- Caguas, PR, August 26, 2011: Building damage by the heavy rain of the tropical storm Irene in San Salvador ward, Caguas. Michael Medina-Latorre/FEMA.
- Bethesda, MD, August 27, 2011: PEPCO electric power company crews clear power lines of obstructions in anticipation of Hurricane Irene's arrival. Photo by Patsy Lynch/FEMA.
- BayBoro, NC, August 29, 2011: Linemen work to get power restored to residents in North Carolina after Hurricane Irene. FEMA photo/Tim Burkitt.