Photo Gallery: Illinois Warrior Summit 2011
(August 23, 2011)
- Nora Hernandez and Cornelius Burns of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance in Chicago talk with a veteran about OFFCP programs and policies during the Illinois Warrior Summit 2011 at Chicago’s Solider Field.
- Timothy Sunderland, assistant director for the Veterans’ Employment and Training Service in Chicago provides information about job training and resources available through VETS to a local veteran during the Illinois Warrior Summit 2011 at Chicago’s Solider Field.
- The Department of Labor was one of nearly 250 organizations and 100 employers to support the Illinois Warrior Summit 2011 at Chicago’s Soldier Field. More than 4,000 people attended the event which provides veterans with employment and resource information.
- Siggy Letheby, OASAM recruitment coordinator thanks Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon, left, for supporting the Illinois Warrior Summit 2011 at Chicago’s Solider Field. McMahon signed autographs and donated tickets to the Chicago Slaughter arena football team to veterans attending the event. McMahon lead the Bears to the last Superbowl Championship in 1986.
- World Sport Chicago provided the opportunity for 150 injured, ill and wounded veterans to compete in the Midwest Valor Games, as part of the Illinois Warrior Summit 2011. Veterans provided demonstrations of their athletic skills including an impromptu rugby game in the Solider Field stadium.