Photo Gallery: Sec. Solis, Asst Sec Martinez at ODEP's National Diversity Forum
(August 4, 2011)
- Secretary Solis (center) and Assistant Secretary Martinez meet with grantees from California.
- Solis gets demonstration of state of the art assistive device from ODEP's Martinez.
- Assistant Secretary Martinez addressed a diverse audience of more than 150 participants representing the diversity, disability, workforce development, and federal government attended the Forum.
- Addressing the National Diversity Forum, Secretary Solis said the group is about uniting many of our brightest thinkers in this field to create a winning blueprint for disability hiring in the small business sector.
- Audience listens to panel discussion by government panel about perspectives on diversity and improving employment opportunities.
- The Conversation with Assistant Secretaries panel discussed perspectives on diversity and improving employment opportunities, which included Elena Carr as moderator for ODEP; Alexa Posny, Assistant Secretary for Special Education and Rehabilitative Services at the Department of Education; and Deputy Assistant Secretary Roberta Gassman from the Employment and Training Administration.