Photo Gallery: US Interagency Council on Homelessness
(July 12, 2011)
- Secretary Solis and Barbara Poppe, executive director of the US Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) hold up the ceremonial copy of the soon-to-be-released annual update on Opening Doors, the Federal strategic plan to prevent and end homelessness.
- Secretary Solis presides over the US Interagency Council of Homelessness quarterly meeting on July 12, 2011 at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.
- Melody Barnes, director of the White House Domestic Policy Council present to the USICH as Secretary Solis and Secretary Donavan from Housing and Urban Development (background) look on.
- Secretary Solis shares a success story about a community organization in New Orleans serving homeless youth with the USICH council as Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius looks on.
- Secretaries Hilda Solis, Kathleen Sebelius (Health and Human Services), and Shaun Donovan (Housing and Urban Development) listen intently to U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness Executive Director Barbara Poppe’s update on the implementation of Opening Doors, the federal strategic plan to prevent and end homelessness at the quarterly USICH meeting.
- Secretary Sebelius discusses new Medicaid components of the Affordable Care Act that will better cover homeless individuals and families at the USICH meeting.
- Jane Oates, assistant secretary for Employment and Training at the Department of Labor, makes a point at the USICH meeting about the need to engage programs at the community level in order to achieve the greatest impact.