Photo Gallery: MSHA Press Conference in West Virginia
(June 30, 2011)
- MSHA Assistant Secretary Joe Main welcomes the public to a briefing on the investigation of the Upper Big Branch mine disaster.
- Assistant Secretary Main reinforces the commitment of Secretary Solis and President Obama to conducting a thorough investigation into the tragedy at UBB.
- Students at the Mine Safety and Health Academy view the presentation in an overflow seating area.
- Solicitor of Labor M. Patricia Smith, Administrator Stricklin, and Assistant Secretary Main conduct a post-briefing press conference.
- Television, print, and radio reporters from across the country gathered in Beaver to hear from Labor officials.
- Labor officials take questions from reporters during a press conference following the public briefing.