Photo Gallery: World Day Against Child Labor
(June 2, 2011)
- Nancy Leppink, acting administrator of the Wage and Hour Division, discussed the agency's enforcement and compliance initiatives to protect children from hazardous work. Marcia Eugenia (seated), director of ILAB's Office of Child Labor, Forced Labor and Human Trafficking, gave opening remarks and outlined the workshop agenda.
- Approximately 80 grantees listened to Secretary Solis's remarks encouraging them to work with their governments and partners worldwide to protect children from the worst forms of child labor.
- Audience listens to welcoming remarks of Senator Tom Harkin.
- Exhibit from Nepal on good practices to promote health and safety for children.
- Exhibits of participating organizations that support child labor-free initiatives.
- David Parker, renowned photographer of child laborers, participates in breakout session.