Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Participates in a Conversation on Immigration Reform for the 21st Century
(May 27, 2011)
- Secretary Solis hosts a conversation on immigration reform for the 21st century, at East Los Angeles College.
- Solis hosts a conversation on immigration reform for the 21st century.
- Solis, left, speaks with Sofia Campos, an graduating senior at UCLA, and co-chair of IDEAS, Improving Dreams, Equality, Access and Success.
- Solis, right, speaks with Luis Perez, the first undocumented student to graduate UCLA Law School.
- Kent Wong, left, director, UCLA Labor Center speaks on immigration reform.
- Dolores Huerta, right, labor activist, shares her personal experiences during a conversation on immigration reform.
- Thomas A. Saenz, right, president and general counsel, Mexican American Legal Defense Fund and Education Fund shares his thoughts.
- Father Richard Estrada, left, Our Lady Queen of Angeles Church in Los Angeles speaks during a conversation on immigration reform.
- Panelists pose for a photo following the discussion. From left, Father Richard Estrada; Thomas A. Saenz; Laphonza Butler, president, Service Employees International Union; Secretary Solis; Dolores Huerta; and Kent Wong, director, University of California Los Angeles Labor Center.
- A crowd of more than 400 listens to the conversation.