Photo Gallery: Sec. Solis Meets With Community Job Club Leaders
(May 24, 2011)
- Secretary Solis invited the job clubs roundtable participants into her office prior to the event. Participants included job club coordinators, faith leaders, and workforce development practitioners from across the country.
- Secretary Solis presides over the webcast roundtable, flanked (from l to r) by Ben Seigel, deputy director of the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships and Jane Oates, assistant secretary of the Employment and Training Administration.
- Lisa Rice, president of Brevard Workforce discusses her plans to engage faith-based job clubs in the Space Coast region to assist dislocated NASA workers.
- Secretary Solis praises the job club coordinators for their commitment to helping community members get back on their feet.
- Rev. Phil Tom, director of the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, discussed the important role job clubs play in the faith community.
- Secretary Solis and her team listen intently as Joy Maguire Dooley (in blue) from Lisle Township in Lisle, IL discusses the growth and success of her job clubs in the Chicago metropolitan region.