Photo Gallery: OFCCP Celebrates 45th Anniversary in Pasadena, CA
(May 19, 2011)
- Registration is brisk for the celebration of the 45th anniversary of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Pasadena, Calif. More than 150 people attended.
- The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs’ Los Angeles District Director Jane Suhr welcomes attendees at the Western Justice Center on May 19. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission regional attorney Anna Park joins Suhr in welcoming the standing-room-only crowd.
- OFCCP Director Patricia Shiu shares the agency’s history and the contributions made over the last 45 years towards the promotion of civil rights and non-discrimination in employment.
- OFCCP Pacific Region Director William Smitherman (left), and Los Angeles EEOC District Director Olophius Perry received proclamations issued by Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villarraigosa recognizing the agencies for their outstanding efforts to combat employment discrimination. Alicia Villarreal, regional representative to the secretary, delivered a message from Secretary Solis marking the important occasion.
- OFCCP’s Patricia Shiu welcomes the opportunity to greet members of the staff of the California Department of Rehabilitation. The event provided ample opportunity for those attending to connect.
- Keynote speakers at the anniversary event, from left to right, EEOC Chair Jacqueline A. Berrien, the Honorable Richard A. Paez, Ninth Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals, and OFCCP Director Patricia Shiu.
- OFCCP Pacific Regional Director William Smitherman (right) confers with Mark Robinson, chairman of the National Association for Equal Justice in America (NAEJA).