Photo Gallery: Dir. Pat Shiu Revisits New Orleans Oil Spill Victims
(April 7, 2011)
- Job 1 Mobile Career Center coordinator Skip Henderson and Goodwill Industries coordinator Kathy Tran who are stationed at Mary Queen of Viet Nam (MQVN) to assist with workforce development and job training placement.
- Tuan Nguyen, Deputy Director of MQVN, greets displaced fisherman seeking assistance.
- OSHA Vietnamese As a Worker, You Have the Right magnets are being distributed at MQVN.
- MQVN assists residents that work in the seafood and fisheries industry, particularly those residing the New Orleans East’s Vietnamese community.
- Director Pat Shiu of OFCCP hosts a follow-up meeting with leaders from communities impacted by the Gulf oil spill.
- Community leaders and representatives from offices of local elected participated in a meeting with Director Pat Shiu.
- The New Orleans local area received $1,888,337 of the NEG funds.
- From left, Bryon Encalade of Louisiana Oysterman Association, Telly Madina of Oysterman Coops, Barry Kaufman of Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA), and Thelma Harris French of Total Community Action, Inc.
- Director Shiu listens to community leaders whom she met with last year on issues relations to oil spill that still need to be addressed. On her right is DeShannon Russell of Congressman Cedric Richmond’s office.
- Cindy Chen, Special Assistant to the Secretary is photographed with Tuan Nguyen, Daniel Nguyen, and Diem Nguyen of MQVN.
- Director Shiu and her regional director, Melissa Speer, speak with James Harris of Congressman Cedric Richmond’s office.
- Director Shiu visited Hope Center, Inc. offers an 8 week program to train affected workers of the oil spill on solar panel installation and broadband technology.
- Director Shiu and her regional director, Melissa Speer, speak with Cheryl Magee, director of Hope Center, Inc.