Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis visits Detroit, Mich.
(February 7, 2011)
- Secretary Solis meets with Job Corps students at the LIUNA Training Center in Wayne Michigan.
- The LIUNA Training Center offers a unique weatherization class in partnetship with Detroit Job Corps.
- Secretary Solis gets a peek at some of the instruments used to test airflow before and after weatherization.
- Students at the LIUNA facility focus heavily on job safety.
- At the Detroit Hamtramck Assembly Plant, Secretary Solis meets with workers building the state of the art Chevy Volt plug in electric vehicle.
- Secretary Solis gets a first hand look at the batteries that power the Volt.
- Touring the Volt assembly line. The 3.6 million sq ft plant has 24 miles of conveyors and employs 11,000 employees under one roof.
- Secretary Solis looks on as Workers marry the drivetrain to the body.
- Secretary Solis with Mark Gaffney, president of the Michigan AFL-CIO.