Photo Gallery: Sec. Solis at Workplace Flexibility Roundtable Forum (WB and ODEP)
(January 24, 2011)
- Workplace flexibility experts listen to roundtable facilitator Dr. David Mank, director of the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community, outline the day’s objectives. From left: Lisa Stern, owner of Stern Consulting LLC; Vicki Shabo, director of work and family programs at the National Partnership for Women and Families; Bob Williams, senior advisor at the Social Security Administration; and Dr. Rich Luecking, president of TransCen Inc.
- Secretary Solis, joined by Women’s Bureau Director Sara Manzano-Diaz (left) and ODEP Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez, discusses how Labor Department policies and programs promote flexibility.
- Assistant Secretary Martinez emphasizes the importance of flexible options for workers with disabilities.
- The forum emphasized transforming the workplace for individuals with complex employment needs. On the left, from front to back: Susan Parker, director, ODEP’s Division of Policy Development; Robin Shaffert, senior director of corporate social responsibility, American Association of People with Disabilities; and Linda Roundtree, president, Roundtree Consulting LLC. On the right, in front: Elizabeth Watson, legislative counsel, Workplace Flexibility 2010.
- Justin Johnson from the Office of Personnel Management talks to David Gray, director of workforce and family programs at the New America Foundation, about the need for policies to increase flexibility in the workplace.
- Robert Williams, a Social Security Administration senior advisor, has an augmentative communication device. Behind him is Dr. Richard Luecking, president of TransCen Inc.