Photo Gallery: Road to Recovery: Strategies for Reemployment Summit
(December 15, 2010)
- 2: Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis thanked participants for their efforts to get Americans back to work, and urged them to ovecome challenges and help more workers get on the path to careers.
- 3: Solis addressed the need for Congress to renew extended unemployment benefits and the expanded Trade Adjustment Assistance program to continue helping workers who lose jobs through no fault of their own.
- 9: More than 900 workforce professionals from around the nation came together to share best practices and learn how to get more workers into good jobs that lead to careers.
- 14: John Ladd, Administrator for the Employment and Training Administration's Office of Apprenticeship speaks during one of more than 60 conference sessions.
- 16: Assistant Secretary of Labor for Employment and Training Jane Oates addresses summit participants during Wednesday's afternoon plenary session.
- 19: The conference showcased successful employment programs, many of which hosted exhibits where attendees could connect with program staff and learn how good programs can be replicated.
- 22: Bonnie Elsey, Director of Workforce Development for the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development shares how her state has been assisting workers during layoffs and helping them get back to work.
- 26: John Fernandez, Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development, addresses conference attendees.