Photo Gallery: Womens Bureau Symposium
(September 14, 2010)
- From left: Joan Williams, Professor of Law, Hastings College; Valerie Rawlston Wilson, Senior Vice President for Research, National Urban League; Women’s Bureau Director Sara Manzano-Díaz; Heidi Hartmann, President, Institute for Women’s Policy Research; and Sonya Michel, Director, United States Studies Program of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Panelists listen to Ms. Rawlson Wilson share her thoughts on the wage gap faced by many women.
- Heidi Hartmann, President, Institute for Women’s Policy Research presents an economic perspective to the different and equal discussion.
- Joan Williams, Professor of Law, Hastings College argues that the issue of pay equity is one rooted in the idea of 21st century workplaces not meeting the needs of 21st century workers.
- Panelists share a laugh during the riveting discussion of pay equity.
- An audience of Women’s Bureau employees and stakeholder groups listen to the panelists.
- Assistant Secretary for Policy Dr. William Spriggs shares his perspective on the reason pay equity progress halted for women during the 1990s.