Photo Gallery: Williard Wirtz Memorial
(June 3, 2010)
- Tom Donahue president emeritus, AFL-CIO and life-long friend to Willard Wirtz welcomes friends and family and shares his insight into the life of the former Labor Secretary.
- Bill Moyers, journalist and life-long friend to former Secretary Wirtz recalls several noble actions that Wirtz undertook while serving the Department of Labor and the Johnson Administration.
- Image of the crowd of family, friends, and former colleagues in attendance at the memorial event.
- Wirtz son Philip shares the evolution of his understanding of his father as both a dad and a man.
- Fran Weeks, sister of Wirtz tells the crowd about her relationship with her “big brother” throughout the years.
- Secretary Solis shares a beloved story about Wirtz that has been down from former Labor Secretaries.
- Frank Erwin, former executive assistant to Wirtz gives an intimate account of Wirtz’ experiences as Secretary of Labor.
- Group shot of the memorial service speakers: Bill Moyers, journalist; Frank Erwin, former executive assistant to Wirtz; Secretary Solis; Fran Weeks, sister of Wirtz; Wirtz son Philip; and Tom Donahue president emeritus, AFL-CIO.
- Guests view a video tribute to Willard Wirtz.
- Phillip Wirtz and Tom Donahue speak with Supreme Court Justice Stevens at the reception.
- Justice Stevens meets with Secretary Solis and Deputy Secretary Seth Harris.