Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Represents U.S. at Bolivia Presidential Inauguration
(January 22, 2010)
- Secretary Solis walks along the ancient tribal roads of Tiwanaku with the Under Secretary Maria Otero and Chase John Creamer
- Under Secretary of State Maria Otero, a Bolivian native, cheerfully shows Solis her homeland.
- Secretary Solis is greeted by locals in Tiwanaku.
- A crowd of 10,000 Bolivians celebrate President Morales at Tiwanaku.
- Secretary Solis and Under Secretary Maria Otero visiting with the Bolivian children singing tribal songs at the Tiwanaku ceremony.
- The delegation listens intently to the Foreign Minister of Bolivia, Choquehuanca.
- Secretary Solis and Under Secretary Maria Otero pictured with Foreign Minter of Bolivia Choquehuanca.
- Secretary Solis with President Evo Morales.
- Secretary Solis speaks to the press after her meeting with Minister of Bolivia, Choquehuanca.
- Bolivian Native Under Secretary Maria Otero pointing out local the craftsmanship of her people.
- Secretary Solis posing for a photo with young Bolivian activist after the first of two Inaugural events.
- Secretary Solis admiring one local inaugural volunteer's attire at Tiwanaku ancient burial site in Bolivia.
- Aymara descendents lining the walkway to the Tiwanaku tribal ceremony.
- Secretary Solis always stops to talk to the children.
- Secretary Solis admiring the local goods at the market in La Paz.
- People of Bolivia at Tiwanaku.
- The Secretary Solis happily stops to take a picture with an event volunteer.