Enter your email address below to get the latest DOL news and our award winning newsletter delivered right to your inbox!
Special Lockup Notice
Current News Releases, Remarks & Other Resources
- Current News Releases (excluding the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- News Releases en Español
- Speeches and Remarks
- DOL Newsletter
- La Nota
- DOL Blog
- Web Chats
- Photo Galleries
- Congressional Testimony
- Weekly Unemployment Insurance Claims Report [Alternate Site]
In the week ending March 1, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 323,000, a decrease of 26,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 349,000. The 4-week moving average was 336,500, a decrease of 2,000 from the previous week's revised average of 338,500.
- Previous News Releases January 22, 2009 through October 2013 (excluding the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- News Release Archives November 1995 through January 20, 2009 (previous administrations)
- DOL Newsletter Archives
- Public Affairs Offices. All inquiries from the media must be directed to the Office of Public Affairs.