Chief Evaluation Office
Survey of Employer Policies on the Employment of People with Disabilities
- The purpose of this research is to design and administer a nationally representative survey of employers to better understand employer policies and attitudes pertaining to employees with disabilities. The knowledge gained from this survey will help the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) develop policies and practices for improved employment opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- What are the current practices, policies, attitudes, and beliefs of employers related to employees and job seekers with disabilities?
- What are the successes and challenges employers experience with recruitment, retention and advancement of people with disabilities (here on referred to as disability employment)?
- How has technology changed employer policies and practices in disability employment and in understanding and providing reasonable accommodations where and when necessary?
- Do employers’ practices, policies, and attitudes vary by employer characteristics? If so, how does it vary and why?
- Literature Review
- Survey Design and Administration
- Data Analysis and Reporting
Project Duration: 36 Months
Contract End Date: September 2019
For More Information: CHIEFEVALUATIONOFFICE@DOL.GOV