Chief Evaluation Office
Performance Partnership Pilots for Disconnected Youth (P3) National Evaluation
- The purpose of this study is to identify and document the extent to which the P3 initiative increased coordination across Federal agencies and programs to allow local communities the flexibilities they need to support disconnected youth. Further, based on the results from local evaluations at each of the nine P3 Pilots, the study will highlight effective and promising practices for achieving employment-related outcomes for youth.
- How do the pilots use the flexibility offered by P3 to implement P3 models and interventions to improve the outcomes of disconnected youth?
- How has each pilot structured its P3 system and work across the community’s network of partners to provide effective services to disconnected youth?
- Who are the youth who participate in P3 and what services do they receive?
- What systems and programmatic changes and efficiencies resulted from P3?
- Evaluation-related Technical Assistance (EvalTA): EvalTA assists the grantees and their independent evaluators in designing and conducting their local evaluations.
- Systems and Process Analysis: Through site visits, interviews, and partner surveys, the National Evaluators document and assess implementation of, and changes engendered by, P3 at the national, program, and service delivery levels.
- Collection of Participant Data: Data on P3 participants will inform cross-grantee reports on describing the pilots.
- Synthesis of Local Evaluation Reports: The National Evaluators will synthesize the final local evaluation reports and data.
Project Duration: 60 Months
Contract End Date: August 2020
Contractor: Mathematica Policy Research and Social Policy Research Associates
For More Information: CHIEFEVALUATIONOFFICE@DOL.GOV