Chief Evaluation Office
Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Impact Evaluation
- The goals for this study are to evaluate the effectiveness of Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP) on participantsí employment outcomes, using the most rigorous design feasible (experimental or quasi-experimental methods); and to conduct an implementation evaluation to understand program models and variations, partnerships, and the homeless Veterans served.
- What are the impacts of HVRP on homeless Veteransí employment and earnings? Do HVRP employment-related outcomes vary based on characteristics of those served, the programs or grantees, or of the community in which the program operates?
- What are the types and combinations of programs, approaches, or services provided under the HVRP grant program?
- How are the programs implemented? What factors or conditions influence implementation (i.e., partnerships, strategies, participants, infrastructure, data management, technical assistance)? What challenges arise in implementation, and how were those challenges overcome? What implementation practices appear promising or important to the success for program?
- How are systems and partnerships built and maintained? What factors influence the development and maintenance of the systems and partnerships?
- Develop and conduct impact and implementation study based on the most rigorous evaluation design feasible.
- Document, communicate and present the results of the evaluation and analysis.
Project Duration: 60 Months
Contract End Date: September 2022
Contractor: Mathematica Policy Research, with Urban Institute and Social Policy Research Associates
For More Information: CHIEFEVALUATIONOFFICE@DOL.GOV