Chief Evaluation Office
Evaluation of Youth Career Connect
- To conduct an impact evaluation and complementary implementation analysis of Youth Career Connect (YCC).
- To develop and maintain a participant tracking system for the YCC program.
- The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) announced the availability of approximately $100 million in grant funds, divided among approximately 25 to 40 grants with a period of performance not to exceed 54 months for the YCC program.
- The goals for the YCC program are to ensure that participants:
- Gain academic and occupational skills by completing the program and graduating from high school.
- Move into a positive placement following high school that includes unsubsidized employment, post-secondary education, long-term occupational skills training, or Registered Apprenticeship.
- Obtain an industry-recognized credential in an H-1B industry or occupation for those industries where credential attainment is feasible by program completion, in addition to a high school diploma.
- Earn a post-secondary credit towards a degree or credit-bearing certificate issued by an institution of higher education.
- Develop and monitor a participant tracking system.
- Select sites for randomization, and assign students to treatment and comparison groups.
- Conduct an impact and implementation analysis.
Project Duration: 60 months
Contract End Date: December 2019
Contractor: Mathematica Policy Research
For More Information: CHIEFEVALUATIONOFFICE@DOL.GOV