Chief Evaluation Office
Evaluation of the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) and TAP Enhancement Pilots
- To conduct a quasi-experimental impact analysis using administrative data to evaluate the Department of Labor (DOL) Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) Transition Assistance Program (TAP).
- To implement and conduct a random assignment evaluation of a small pilot to evaluate differential impacts of new treatments for the TAP program.
- The TAP is a partnership among DOL and the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs to provide employment and training information to armed forces members and their eligible spouses within one year of their separation or two years of their retirement from the military.
- TAP consists of comprehensive three-day workshops at selected military installations nationwide for service members preparing to transition to the civilian workforce.
- Design and conduct quasi-experimental evaluation for TAP.
- Design a random assignment evaluation for the TAP enhancement pilot.
- Conduct data collection as identified in the approved evaluation design.
- Conduct analysis on quasi-experimental and random assignment evaluations.
Project Duration: 47 months
Contract End Date: June 11, 2018
Contractor: ICF International
For More Information: CHIEFEVALUATIONOFFICE@DOL.GOV