On February 21, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor announced two Secretary’s Orders, a Direct Final Rule, and a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding the Department’s administrative appeals processes.
- Secretary’s Order 01-2020 – Delegation of Authority and Assignment of Responsibility to the Administrative Review Board
- Secretary’s Order 02-2020 – Procedures for Appointment of Individuals to Department of Labor Appellate Boards
- Direct Final Rule – Amended Rules Concerning Discretionary Review by the Secretary
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking – Amended Rules Concerning Discretionary Review by the Secretary
Administrative Review Board
Benefits Review Board
Employees' Compensation Appeals Board
Effective November 19, 2008, ECAB published a final rule in the Federal Register revising its Rules of Procedure, 20 C.F.R. Part 501. Please note that all appeals from OWCP decisions issued before November 19, 2008, will follow the old regulations. All appeals from OWCP decisions issued beginning November 19, 2008, will follow the new regulations.
Office of Administrative Law Judges
- Note: The Department of Labor Board of Contract Appeals issued its last decision on January 5, 2007. Effective January 7, 2007, the Labor BCA and seven other civilian BCAs were consolidated under a new Civilian Board of Contract Appeals. See Section 847 of the FY 2006 Defense Authorization Act (Pub. L. No. 109-63).
- Notice: Public Access to Court Records and Publication of Decisions (rev. Oct. 15, 2019)
- HIPAA Privacy Rules (Updated Oct. 25, 2004)
- Medicare Secondary Payer Act & § 8(i) settlements
- Settlement Judges