Two systems of records are reported by the Department of Labor for all federal agencies since this Department has overall responsibility for the administration of the programs in connection with which these systems of records have been compiled. It is presumed that most, if not all, federal agencies maintain systems of records comprising a portion of the government-wide systems of records. In order to avoid duplication in reporting, the Department is reporting these systems on behalf of all agencies. The Department has control over these systems to the same extent as the Office of Personnel Management has control over systems of records containing federal employee personnel records.
1. Federal Employees' Compensation Act Files - DOL/GOVT-1: All records relating to injury or death of civilian employees or other persons entitled to benefits under the Federal Employees' Compensation Act are the records of the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP of the Department of Labor). OWCP asserts control of these records under the provisions of 5 U.S.C. 8149 and Department regulations at 20 CFR 10.10. This system applies to copies of claim forms and other documents relating to a compensation claim maintained by the employing agency. This system, however, does not apply to other medical or related files not created pursuant to the Federal Employees' Compensation Act which may be in the possession of an agency. This system is entitled DOL/GOVT-1, Office of Workers' Compensation Programs, Federal Employees' Compensation File.
Initial determinations on requests for access, amendment or correction of records maintained in this system of records shall be made by the OWCP district office having jurisdiction over the particular claim. In addition, requests for access to copies of records maintained by the employing agency may be directed to that agency. Administrative appeals from initial determinations denying access, amendment or correction, shall be addressed to the Solicitor of Labor, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20210, as required by 20 CFR 10.12.
2. Job Corps Student Records - DOL/GOVT-2: All records which contain information about students during their stay in Job Corps, from entrance to placement and/or termination, are records which must be maintained by the Job Corps Center at which the student is enrolled. The Employment and Training Administration asserts control of these records under 29 U.S.C. 2881 et seq. This system is entitled DOL/GOVT-2, Job Corps Student Records.
Initial determinations concerning access, amendment or correction of this government-wide system of records shall be made by screening contractors, Job Corps Center Directors, Job Corps National or Regional Offices. Administrative appeals shall be referred to the Solicitor of Labor, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20210.
In addition, the following government agencies also have Government-wide Systems of Records:
- EEOC/GOVT-1 – Equal Employment Opportunity Complaint Records and Appeal Records
- FEMA/GOVT-1 – National Defense Executive Reserve System
- GSA/GOVT-2 – Employment Under Commercial Activities Contracts
- GSA/GOVT-3 – Travel Charge Card Program
- GSA/GOVT-4 – Contracted Travel Services Programs
- MSPB/GOVT-1 – Appeal and Case Records
- OGE/GOVT-1 – Executive Branch Public Financial Disclosure Reports and Other Ethics Program Records
- OGE/GOVT-2 – Confidential Statements of Employment and Financial Interests
- OPM Government-wide
- OPM/GOVT-1 – General Personnel Records
- OPM/GOVT-2 – Employee Performance File System Records
- OPM/GOVT-3 – Adverse Actions and Actions Based on Unacceptable Performance
- OPM/GOVT-4 – [Reserved]
- OPM/GOVT-5 – Recruiting, Examining and Placement Records
- OPM/GOVT-6 – Personnel Research and Test Validation Records
- OPM/GOVT-7 – Applicant--Race, Sex, National Origin and Disability Status Records
- OPM/GOVT-8 – [Reserved]
- OPM/GOVT-9 – Position Classification Appeals, Job Grading Appeals, and Retained Grade or Pay
- OPM/GOVT-10 – Employee Medical File System Records