U.S. Department of Labor E-Government Strategic Plan
DOL has established the following E-Government vision, strategy, and success measures to complement the overall Federal strategy. This approach not only sets the Departments
E-Government direction in concert with the Federal effort, but also ensures that the Department institutionalizes its management frameworks to bring the strategy to fruition.
The Department will provide E-Government service that is citizen driven, userfriendly, results-oriented, universally accessible, collaborative, innovative, cost-effective, and secure.
The Department will pursue an enterprisewide approach to E-Government that integrates customer relationship management, organizational capabilities, enterprise architecture, and security and privacy components in a comprehensive E-Government framework designed to improve the Departments service delivery to its customers.
- We are customer-centric, not organization-centric. We communicate with customers and know who they are and what they want.
- We seek transformation opportunities through innovation rather than automation. We simplify our business processes and reduce costs through integrating or eliminating redundant systems, thereby making it easier for our customers to do business with the Department.
- We integrate information technology investment decisions with business and program requirements, processes, and goals.
- We collect information from our customers only once, and reuse it appropriately.
- We provide a secure environment, with appropriate privacy protections, for our customers to conduct transactions with the Department.
- We leverage partnerships with customers, governments, and the private sector to improve the delivery of services to customers.