Increasing Access and Opportunity
Held each October, National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) is a national campaign that raises awareness about disability employment issues and celebrates the many and varied contributions of America's workers with disabilities. The theme for 2020 is "Increasing Access and Opportunity."
NDEAM's roots go back to 1945 when Congress enacted a law declaring the first week in October each year "National Employ the Physically Handicapped Week."
- NDEAM 2020 Resource Toolbox
- Campaign for Disability Employment
To get NDEAM resources or learn more about how your organization can participate, please select one of the following:
- Ideas for Employers and Employees
- Ideas for Educators and Youth Service Professionals
- Ideas for State Governors, Legislators, and other Policymakers
- Ideas for Associations and Unions
- Ideas for Disability-Related Organizations
- Ideas for Federal Agencies