ODEP and the American Staffing Association® (ASA) recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to promote the employment of individuals with disabilities.
About the American Staffing Association
- Is the voice of the U.S. staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions industry.
- Its state affiliates advance the interests of the industry across all sectors through advocacy, research, education, and the promotion of high standards of legal and ethical standards, and professional practices.
- Share expertise and information on hiring, advancing, and retaining workers with disabilities, including veterans with disabilities.
- Promote and disseminate information aboutODEP resources, such as the Job Accommodation Network (JAN), the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN), and the Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology (PEAT), to ASA members.
- Build awareness and use ofthe Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) as a hiring tool for ASA members and its state affiliates.
- Develop and publicize resources on the value of hiring and retaining talented workers with disabilities, including veterans with disabilities. Such resources might include, but are not limited to, how-to-guides and other educational materials, success stories, and case studies developed collaboratively or by individual parties.
- Identify emerging issues to which the Alliance should direct particular attention and resources, and determine how best to communicate relevant and useful information related to these issues.
- Speak, exhibit, and/or appear at mutually agreed upon ODEP and ASA events.
- As appropriate, convene and/or participate in membership meetings focused on forging innovative strategies for recruiting, hiring, retaining, and promoting job candidates and employees with disabilities.
- Provide technical assistance to employers and employeesregarding replicable disability employment strategies, policies, and effective practices.
- Participate in meetings and/or discussions with representatives from other ODEP Alliancesto exchange information on various disability employment issues that are being addressed and to explore opportunities for additional collaborative activities.
- Carry out other activities, as mutually agreed upon, that promote the hiring, advancement, and retention of individuals with disabilities.
Products and Outcomes
- "Workplace Mental Health During COVID-19: Employer Strategies and the Americans with Disabilities Act" On-Demand Webinar – May 15, 2020