Increasing Access and Opportunity
Throughout 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) – landmark legislation that reaffirms our nation's founding ideal of equality for all by increasing access and opportunity for people with disabilities across all aspects of community life, including employment.
At the Department of Labor, we are committed to delivering on the promise of the ADA, not only for today's workers with disabilities but for future generations as well.
We hope you will join us in celebrating this milestone and our continuing work toward full workforce inclusion for people with disabilities.
Learn more about:
- The Department's ADA30 events and activities
- Joint Statement by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Justice, and Department of Labor Commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act and its Impact on the American Workforce
- The ADA's employment provisions
- How the ADA impacts the Department's work
- Advancements in disability employment since the ADA
- How you can celebrate the ADA
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month