- The purpose of this study is to design and conduct a rigorous evaluation of the impact of the Job Corps pilot program, the Cascades Job Corps College and Career Academy, of the youth served. Cascades will serve high school drop-outs and unemployed youth ages 16 to 21. The pilot aims to provide expanded and intensive academic instruction, career pathways technical training, and non-cognitive skills training in two industry sectors, Health Care and Information Technology.
- What impacts does the Cascades Job Corps College and Career Academy pilot program have on the outcomes of participants?
- To what extent do impacts vary across selected subpopulations?
- Do different strategies or components appear promising?
- How was the program implemented? What factors influenced implementation? What challenges did the program face in implementation and how were those challenges overcome? What implementation practices appear promising for replication?
- Develop knowledge base and evaluation design recommendations
- Conduct and impact and implementation evaluation
Project Duration: 6 Years
Contract End Date: May 2021
Contractor: ABT Associates and MDRC
For More Information: ChiefEvaluationOffice@dol.gov