The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is committed to meeting or exceeding our responsibilities to support employees with disabilities, including providing effective reasonable accommodations. The policy amends the Department of Labor Manual Series (DLMS) 4, Chapter 306 to reflect the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA). Additionally, it captures various procedural changes designed to more efficiently fulfill the Department’s responsibilities to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees of the Department of Labor. This goal is consistent with the Department’s commitment to increase federal employment of individuals with disabilities pursuant to Executive Order 13548.
Employees are encouraged to review these documents. If you have any questions regarding the revised Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please contact the CRC, Frances Perkins Building , Suite N4123, at (202) 693-6500; Fax: (202) 693-6505; Federal Relay Service: TTY/TDD: (800) 877-8339.
- DLMS 4-306 – Reasonable Accommodations for Employees and Applicants with Disabilities
- Appendix A – Confirmation of Request for Reasonable Accommodation (PDF)
- Appendix B – Application for Parking Assignment for Employees with Disabilities (PDF)
- Appendix C-1 – Authorization for Limited Release of Medical Information to Program Support Center (PDF)
- Appendix C-2 – Authorization for Limited Release of Medical Information to Computer Electronic/Accommodations Program (PDF)
- Appendix D – Consent for Examination (PDF)
- Appendix E – Reassignment Preference Form (PDF)
- Appendix F – Sign Language and Captioning Request Form (PDF)