The United States and India signed a Memorandum of Understanding in 2011 establishing a framework for conducting dialogue and cooperative activities on labor and employment issues, including skills development, youth employment, occupation safety and health and mine safety and health.
February 2, 2012: Secretary Solis and Minister Kharge bilateral meeting and signing of memorandum of understanding — Washington, D.C.
Secretary Solis and Minister Kharge discussed bilateral cooperation on labor and employment issues and signed a memorandum of understanding on labor cooperation on February 2. Minister Kharge and his delegation also visited the OSHA Training Institute Education Center at the University of Texas, Arlington, the National Labor College, and a Job Corps center in Long Beach, California.
- Read the press release on Minister Kharge's visit
- View the photos from Minister Kharge's visit
- View the photos from India's Labor and Employment Ministry's visit to the Job Corps Center
- View the US-India Memorandum of Understanding on Labor Cooperation (PDF)
- Watch the visit to the Long Beach Job Corps Center