The WRIS/WRIS2 operations ceased on December 31,2019 . As of January 1, 2020, all Queries for Wage Data for all applicable programs are processed through the State Wage Interchange System (SWIS) Clearinghouse . Information on the SWIS can be found at https://www.doleta.gov/performance/swis.cfm . Should you have questions or require more information, please contact The Wage Record Interchange System (WRIS) facilitates the exchange of wage data among participating states for the purpose of assessing and reporting on state and local employment and training program performance, evaluating training provider performance, and for other purposes allowed under the WRIS Data Sharing Agreement. The exchange permits state workforce program performance agencies to secure wage data of individuals who have participated in workforce investment programs in one state, then subsequently secured employment in another. By participating in WRIS, states have a more robust picture of the effectiveness of their workforce investment programs, and are able to report more comprehensive outcomes against their performance measures.
The WRIS Clearinghouse, the technical operation to exchange wage data, is built upon the Interstate Connection Network (ICON) used for the administration of interstate unemployment benefits and is currently operated through a cooperative agreement with the State of Maryland.
PARTICIPATION IN WRIS
ETA would like to remind states participating in WRIS that the system has been developed to facilitate the interstate exchange of wage data between participating states for the purpose of assessing and reporting on state and local performance for programs authorized under WIA, under other statutory provisions authorizing programs identified as American Job Center partners in WIA, and for other purposes allowed under law.
In order for a Performance Accountability and Customer Information Agency (PACIA) to utilize WRIS for research purposes the following limitations are in place:
a) The research and evaluation must relate to one or more programs or an activity set forth in subparagraphs 1 through 4 of paragraph C of Section VII of the WRIS Data Sharing Agreement , dated 17 February 2011;
b) There are no conditions under which use of Wage Data is approved for research and evaluation without the express, voluntary consent of the participating state whose data are to be used for such purpose.
If there are questions surrounding the use of WRIS, please contact WRIS@dol.gov.
WRIS PACIA and SUIA State Contacts
WRIS DATA SHARING AGREEMENT
ACCESS ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS SIGNATURE DOCUMENT
- TEN 36-16 - Release and Availability of Two Reports: Using Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI) Databases to Develop and Improve Consumer Report Card Systems (CRCS) and How States Manage Eligible Training Provider Lists: Findings from a State Survey
- TEGL 05-08 - Policy for Collection and Use of Workforce System Participants' Social Security Numbers
- TEN 37-09 - The Workforce Investment Act Gold Standard Evaluation
- TEN 36-08 - Plans to Upgrade the Unemployment Insurance Interstate Connections Network (UI-ICON)
- UIPL 24-04 - Unemployment Insurance Information Technology Security
- UIPL 24-04, Change 1 - Unemployment Insurance Information Technology Security – Enhanced Information and Updated Security Self Assessment Tool
- UIPL 24-04, Change 2 - Unemployment Insurance Information Technology Security – Additional Information and the Self-Evaluation Tool
- UIPL 24-04, Change 3 - Unemployment Insurance (UI) Information Technology (IT) Security – Additional Information
- UIPL 24-04, Change 4 - Unemployment Insurance (UI) Information Technology (IT) Security – Additional Information
- UIPL 24-04, Change 5 - Unemployment Insurance (UI) Information Technology (IT) Security – Additional Information
- WRIS Advisory Group Summary Report of the First Quarter 2016
- WRIS Advisory Group Summary Report of the Fourth Quarter 2015
- WRIS Advisory Group Summary Report of the Third Quarter 2015
- WRIS Advisory Group Summary Report of the Second Quarter 2015
- WRIS Advisory Group Summary Report of the First Quarter 2015
- WRIS Administration Contact
- WRIS Administration
- Ms. Karen A. Staha
Division of Strategic Planning and Performance
Office of Policy Development and Research
- Avram Winer,
Division of Strategic
Planning and Performance
Employment and Training Administration
US Department of Labor
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210
- Ms. Karen A. Staha