Wage and Hour Division (WHD)
Section 64g02: Posting of Notices and Informing Employees of the Terms of the Certificate
- Posting of notices.
- Regulations 29 CFR Part 525.14 requires that every employer having workers that are employed under special minimum wage certificates shall at all times display and make available to employees a poster as prescribed and supplied by the Administrator. This poster, WH 1284, may be "down loaded" from the Wage and Hour Homepage on the Internet at http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/disabc.pdf.
- Where the employer finds it inappropriate to post the poster, he or she may provide the poster directly to all employees who are subject to its terms.
- Informing employees of the terms of the certificate.
- Each worker with a disability and, where appropriate, a parent or guardian of the worker, shall be informed, orally and in writing, of the terms of the certificate under which such worker is employed. This requirement may be satisfied by making copies of the certificate available (see Regulations 29 CFR Part 525.12(g)).
- Where a worker with a disability displays an understanding of the terms of a certificate and requests that other parties not be informed, it is not necessary to inform a parent or guardian.