Director of Talent Acquisition
MultiCare Health System, Tacoma, WA
Kathleen O’Connor, Publisher, The O'Connor Report has over 25 years experience in health care reform advocacy and strategy, marketing, communications, and public relations, locally and nationally. Her clients range in size from health plans, government agencies, corporations and non-profits.
She is an author, publisher, consumer advocate and consultant over 25 years experience in various sectors of the healthcare industry. Selected accomplishments include:
- Founder of two health care reform nonprofits: CodeBlueNow! which engaged the public in designing a health care system; www.codebluenow.org and W.H.E.R.E. (Women for Health Care Education Reform and Equity), which conducted the nation’s first study on managed care and women’s health
- Regular guest columnist on health care policy and politics for the Editorial Page of The Seattle Times (2000-04)
- Widely published locally and nationally, her cover stories appear in respected national trade publications such as, HealthPlan Magazine, HMO Magazine, and as well as Northwest regional business magazines, such as Washington CEO. Other articles and opinion pieces have appeared frequently in Business and Health, Managed Care Journal, Journal of Employee Benefits, Puget Sound Business Journal, Seattle Post-Intelligencer and Diversity Business News among others, including a major 64-page health care consumer supplement in The Seattle Times.
- Extensively networked in health policy, women’s and civic engagement communities with key contacts in the media and on the Hill
- Author: The Buck Stops Nowhere: Why America’s Health Care Is All Dollars and No Sense.
She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists, Rotary International and other local civic and leadership organizations.