Summer Jobs+ 2012
National Job Opportunities
CVS Caremark is committed to hire over 20,000 youth in 2012. Many of the new employees will occupy part-time and full-time positions such as pharmacy service associates, technicians, cashiers and interns in a variety of corporate functions.
The Department of Interior
The Department of Interior is looking to hire approximately 12,000 young Americans this summer on public lands, tribal lands, national parks, wildlife refuges, and environmental restoration projects nationwide. Check out these and other opportunities with the federal government at www.usajobs.gov.
Dunkin' Donuts is committed to hiring hardworking, friendly, team-oriented young people to thrive in the fast-paced, fun-paced world of Dunkin' Donuts at more than 6,700 locations in 35 states.
The Select Family of Staffing Companies
The Select Family of Staffing Companies has temporary and temp-to-hire job opportunities available from coast-to-coast as part of the Summer Jobs+ Initiative. We take pride in matching job seekers with opportunities that work for them whether they're seeking a position that will advance the skills they've learned in school, a flexible work schedule to accommodate continuing education or family obligations, or simply a recruiter to cut through the noise and find the ideal job. Through the 400 branch offices of Select Staffing, SelectRemedy, Remedy Intelligent Staffing, Westaff, and RemX Specialty Staffing, we are committed to expanding opportunities for low-income and disconnected youth.
Built as part of the W.K.Kellogg Foundation's New Options Project, Living Classrooms and Gravity Tank, http://workforce.io/ is a new site that provides young adults, non-profits and employers tools, training and connections in the entry-level employment market. In support of Summer Jobs+, they are thrilled to offer the site free of charge to everyone engaged in summer jobs this summer across the nation and showing all of the jobs in the Summer Jobs+ job bank on our community map where young adults, employers and non-profits can connect in their local community.
Online Training Available through Summer Jobs+
- CodeAcademy.com offers easy to understand, basic computer programming courses online to put you on the path to building great websites, games, and apps. You can keep tabs on your friends' progress and make sure you're learning more faster!
- My Next Move: Not sure what jobs might interest you? This online tool has information on over 900 options and a quick questionnaire to see which could be the best fit.
- My Skills My Future: Have some job experience but looking for something new? This site can help you find a new job and the training programs to help you get there.
- Job Corps: This free program from the Department of Labor helps young people from low-income families earn their high-school diploma or GED, while also learning important skills for a wide variety of jobs.
- CareerOneStop: Explore different career options and get tips on your resume and interview skills wherever you have access to the internet, or use the site to find in-person help near you at one of nearly 3,000 participating sites in the American Job Center network.
- Registered Apprenticeship Programs: These programs offer access to a wide variety of career options and the ‘earn and learn’ model offers excellent training and a good-paying job from day one.
- American Association of Community Colleges: Community colleges can be an excellent choice to get the skills and credentials many employers want to see. Find one near you and visit campus, you’ll be glad you did.