Step 2 Adopting the JobPosting schema and tagging your opportunities
While we certainly commend your efforts, one of the primary goals of the Summer Jobs+ initiative is to provide young people with the information they need to take action about specific opportunities. If you are not currently describing your opportunities in a way that makes them "actionable" for young people, you may need additional help getting ready to participate in the Summer Jobs+ Bank.
For many of our partners who are not used to listing specific jobs openings or providing an avenue for young people to directly apply to their programs, it can be difficult to begin thinking of your opportunities in the same way that a young person would through the Summer Jobs+ Initiative.
In order to be a part of the Summer Jobs+ Bank, you must offer:
- A specific opportunity or opportunities which are or will be actively available to young people.
- A method for young people to apply or otherwise express their desire to participate.
If your opportunities don't currently fit that description, please contact Helen Pajcic.
But if that sounds like what you have to offer, its just a matter of structuring the information online in a way that can be digested by the Summer Jobs+ Search tool.
Here's an example using the schema:
*title: Company X Career Training Program
*description: Company X professionals will assist students with career planning, soft skill development and interviewing skills. For more information or to get involved, contact hr@companyX.com.
*hiringOrganization: Company X
*jobLocation: Cleveland, OH
*employmentType: Career Guidance
*datePosted: March 1, 2012
Once you structure your postings online, you can easily adopt the schema and apply the markup.
In addition, we have partners standing by to help you post opportunities online and be a part of the Summer Jobs+ Bank. To utilize one of our partners, please follow the directions below:
- If you have fewer than 30 opportunities available, visit the special AfterCollege.com Summer Jobs+ Page and click on “Get Started” to add your summer opportunities.
- If you have 30 or more opportunities contact email@example.com with your organization name, number of jobs being committed and contact information for the relevant point of contact in your organization. Please include "SummerJobs+" in the subject line. Please Also indicate the career website/URL where AfterCollege can find and scrape your summer jobs and internships*
*Not all job board software or applicant tracking systems (ATS) allow job scraping. If an employer's jobs are unavailable to AfterCollege's job scraping service, you will need to post your jobs manually.
- If you have fewer than 30 opportunities available, visit Internships.com to sign up and post your opportunities. They will automatically be tagged and incorporated.
- If you have 30 or more opportunities available, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Visit the special SmartRecruiters.com Summer Jobs+ landing page to post your opportujities. They will automatically be tagged and included in the Summer Jobs+ Bank.
Step 3 Let us know you're done!
Once you apply the schema and the code, all you have to do is let us know so we can verify the code tagging. Send us an email at email@example.com with the domain name of your site and let us know that you've coded your opportunities. If you're using one of our posting partners, let us know that as well. Once we verify the opportunities, they may take up to 48 hours to populate on the site.