DOL Information Related to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
Overview of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act)
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act) was signed into law by President Obama on February 17th, 2009. It is an unprecedented effort to jumpstart our economy, create or save millions of jobs, and put a down payment on addressing long-neglected challenges so our country can thrive in the 21st century. The Act is an extraordinary response to a crisis unlike any since the Great Depression, and includes measures to modernize our nation's infrastructure, enhance energy independence, expand educational opportunities, preserve and improve affordable health care, provide tax relief, and protect those in greatest need.
The U.S. Department of Labor has two key roles in the Recovery Act effort:
- providing worker training for these jobs; and
- easing the burden of the recession on workers and employers by providing extended and expanded unemployment benefits and assisting and educating them regarding expanded access to continued health benefits.
DOL Plans and Reports
- Major Communications Reports
- November 19, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- October 22, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- October 8, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- October 1, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- September 3, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- August 20, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- July 16, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- July 9, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- July 2, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- June 25, 2010 [MS Excel] [PDF]
- More Major Communications Reports...
- Funding Notification Reports
- Contracts Awarded using Recovery Act (ARRA) Funds
- Recovery Act (ARRA) Funding Maps
- Monthly Financial and Activity Reports
- Registered Lobbyist Contact Disclosure Forms
- U.S. Department of Labor Recovery Plan
- DOL Targets for the Second 100 Days of the Recovery Act [PDF]
- DOL Program-Specific Recovery Plans
- Preliminary Plans
- Initial Plans for Implementation of Workforce Investment Act and Wagner-Peyser Funding
- State and Outlying Area Stimulus Allotments to Supplement FY 2008 Allotments for WIA and Wagner-Peyser
- Guidance for (1) Implementation of the Workforce Investment Act and Wagner-Peyser Act Funding in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and (2) State Planning Requirements for Program Year 2009
- Office of Inspector General Audit Work Plan for FY 2009 ARRA-related audits [PDF]
- Memo to Funding Recipients: Compliance with Applicable Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Statutes, Regulations, and Executive Orders (PDF)
- Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) provides guidance for premium reductions and additional election opportunities for health benefits under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA).
- Employment and Training Administration (ETA) provides policy guidance and direction for ARRA funding for activities authorized under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), Subtitle D, Section 166, Native American Programs, National Emergency Grants (NEGs), the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), and the Wagner-Peyser Act.
- Wage-Hour Division (WHD) ensures that recipients of ARRA appropriations have information on prevailing wage labor standards applicable to construction projects funded under ARRA.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) ensures that worker protection laws are enforced as recovery infrastructure investments are carried out.
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) provides guidance through compliance evaluations and outreach activities to ensure that federal contractors are aware of their roles and responsibilities to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability or veterans' status under Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA).
Other Pages Related to the Recovery Act
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Grants.gov Find and apply for federal government grants.
- FedBizOpps.gov Find vendors or bid for contracts for federal government procurement opportunities.
- DOL Performance & Budget Planning Read the summary of DOL's program and financial performance reports.
- Competitively funded Recovery Act grants Review the Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGAs) for grant funds available through ARRA.
- DOL Office of Inspector General Oversight Website Review OIG's oversight plan and link to the OIG hotline for reporting suspicions of fraud and waste.
- ETA News Release: US Labor Department announces release of $205.1 million in unemployment insurance modernization incentive funds to North Carolina - 10-1524-ATL - [11/03/2010]
- ETA News Release: US Department of Labor announces grant to help Virginians looking for work cover health insurance payments - 10-1455-PHI - [10/20/2010]
- ETA News Release: US Labor Department announces more than $1.3 million in unemployment insurance modernization incentive funds to US Virgin Islands - 10-1447-NEW - [10/19/2010]
- OPA News Release: Statement of Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis on September employment numbers - 10-1433-NAT - [10/08/2010]
- ETA News Release: US Department of Labor announces more than $18 million in unemployment insurance modernization incentive funds for District of Columbia - 10-1363-PHI - [09/30/2010]
- OPA News Release: Statement of Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis on August employment numbers - 10-1253-NAT - [09/03/2010]
- More Announcements...