RELEASE – TRANSMISSION OF REVISED MATERIAL TO BE INCORPORATED INTO THE FEDERAL (EEOICPA) PROCEDURE MANUAL:
CHAPTER 2-0500, ESTABLISHING COVERED EMPLOYMENT.
EEOICPA TRANSMITTAL NO: 14-01 January 2014
EXPLANATION OF MATERIAL TRANSMITTED:
This material is issued as procedural guidance to update, revise and replace the text of the EEOICPA Procedure Manual (PM) Chapter 2-0500, Establishing Covered Employment. This version incorporates changes that have arisen since the last publication of Chapter 2-0500, Establishing Covered Employment, to include:
· Removes all reference to the Resource Center handling of initial employment verification.
· Updates the Atomic Weapons Employer (AWE) facilities definition with regard to residual radiation and wholly owned subsidiaries.
· Adds further guidance for handling cases with subsequent owners and operators in the AWE residual section.
· Updates language on Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) as it pertains to the Energy Compensation System (ECS).
· Removes translation of codes in the “Pay” column of ORISE, i.e. H = Hourly.
· References the use of the Secured Electronic Records Transfer system (SERT) for employment verification and DAR.
· Instructs that only one EE-5 is required for employment verification listing all facilities.
· Updates the Social Security Administration (SSA) contact information.
· Removes the manual tracking of SSA requests.
· Removes language pertaining to the CP2 referral process for employment verification with CPWR and adds instruction on the CPWR BtComp process.
· Removes district office responsibility of tracking requests sent to CPWR.
· Expands the definition of proprietary interest.
· Adds reference to the OWCP Imaging System.
· Instructs CEs to draft memo to the file for all development on subcontractor employment at DOE facilities.
· Removes the hyperlink to the DOE covered facilities database.
The following exhibits have been removed from the previous version of Chapter 2-0500, Establishing Covered Employment:
· DOE letter regarding facilities for which DOE has no reemployment records.
· DOE memorandum serving as DOE’s Form EE-5 for employment verification by ORISE.
· CP-1 Referral Sheet to CPWR.
· CP-2 Employment Response report from CPWR.
· Letter to Claimant regarding CPWR referral.
· DEEOIC Subcontractor Worksheet.
The following exhibit has been added:
· Form EE-5, Employment Verification.
The following exhibit has been replaced with updated forms:
· SSA-581 (Authorization to Obtain Earnings Data from the Social Security Administration).
Rachel P. Leiton
Director, Division of
Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation
File this transmittal behind Part 2 in front of the Federal (EEOICPA) Procedure Manual.
Distribution: List No. 3: All DEEOIC Employees
List No. 6: Regional Directors, District Directors, Assistant District Directors, National Office Staff, and Resource Center Staff.