RELEASE – TRANSMISSION OF REVISED MATERIAL TO BE INCORPORATED INTO THE FEDERAL (EEOICPA) PROCEDURE MANUAL: CHAPTER 2-1300, Impairment Ratings.
EEOICPA TRANSMITTAL NO. 13-06 September 2013
EXPLANATION OF MATERIAL TRANSMITTED:
This material is issued as procedural guidance to update, revise and replace the text of the EEOICPA Procedure Manual (PM) Chapter 2-1300, Impairment Ratings. This version incorporates changes that have arisen since the last publication of Chapter 2-1300, Impairment Ratings, to include:
· Removes reference to the Resource Center role in handling impairment claims.
· Provides guidance on calculating impairment award due to multiple illnesses if at least one illness is subject to tort offset/State Workers’ Compensation coordination.
· Explains the use of Form EE-11A/EN-11A in developing impairment claims.
· Provides time limits for employees to submit impairment claims, to schedule impairment appointments and to submit required medical evidence.
The following exhibits have been removed from the previous version of Chapter 2-1300, Impairment Ratings:
· Development Letter for Impairment with Attachments.
The following exhibit has been added:
· Form EE-11A/EN-11A, Development Form for Impairment.
Rachel P. Leiton
Director, Division of
Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation
File this transmittal behind Part 1 in the front of the new Unified Federal (EEOICPA) Procedure Manual.
Distribution: List No. 3: All DEEOIC Employees
List No. 6: Regional Directors, District Directors, Assistant District Directors, National Office Staff, and Resource Center Staff.