Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation (DEEOIC)
JOTG Video Release
DEEOIC is pleased to announce the release of the Joint Outreach Task Group (JOTG) Video Series! The series includes an Introduction followed by 6 video segments, in which senior management from the Department of Labor (DOL), Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), plus representatives from the Former Worker Medical Screening Program (FWP), and the Ombudsman for EEOICPA and for NIOSH, explain their roles and responsibilities in carrying out duties related to the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA). The video series is a reflection of our shared commitment to the DOE workforce—the men and women who sacrificed so much for the national security of our country, who are now seeking compensation under the EEOICPA. The series also reflects the value of shared resources and teamwork among the agencies and our mutual desire to reach out to a wider population to provide information about EEOICPA. Easy-to-understand and informative, this video series gives viewers concise information and the ability to pass along the website link to friends and colleagues who may also benefit from this information.
The JOTG video can be viewed in its entirety at:
The video series includes:
- Introduction: This is presented jointly by Glenn Podonsky, Chief Health Safety and Security Officer for DOE; Gary Steinberg, Acting Director of the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs at DOL; and John Howard, Director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) at HHS.
- Overview of the Former Worker Medical Screening Program (FWP)
- Overview of DOE’s Responsibilities under EEOICPA
- Overview DOL’s Role in Administering EEOICPA – Part B and Part E
- Overview of DOL’s Office of the Ombudsman for EEOICPA
- Overview of NIOSH’s Role in EEOICPA - Part B
- Overview of the Role of Ombudsman to NIOSH for EEOICPA - Part B