Division of Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation (DLHWC)
CHAPTER 9-200 DO STATISTICAL REPORT: LS-3
- Purpose and Scope. This Chapter describes the LHWCA District Office (DO) Statistical Report, Form LS-3 (Exhibit 2, PM 10-200), and the procedures for its preparation and submission to the National Office (NO). It applies to all DOs administering the LHWCA, as extended, with the exception of the District of Columbia Workmen's Compensation Act. This report provides the DOs and the NO with statistical information on a number of case processing activities such as new cases created, cases closed, conferences, etc., during the reporting period.
- Related Chapters. This Chapter incorporates and augments Chapter 2 Part 9 (Statistical Report Generation) of the Longshore Case Management System (LCMS) Manual which describes the procedures for generating the automated statistical reports. Chapter 9-300 of the LHWCA Procedure Manual deals with preparation of Form LS-3s, the Supplemental Statistical Report.
- The District Director (DD) is responsible for insuring the accuracy of the reports by providing necessary training to DO staff on the timely and accurate entry of required data into the LCMS. When the LS-3 is generated by the LCMS, the DD is also responsible for reviewing the report for accuracy and consistency.
- All DO staff must enter accurate and timely data into the LCMS for case processing actions within their individual areas of responsibility.
- Reporting Period. The LS-3 covers the period from the beginning of business of the first work day of the month through the last work day of the month. To insure accurate and complete statistics the report should be run on the evening of the last work day of the month or first thing on the morning of the first work day of the new month.
- Definitions. The LS-3 reports on seventeen categories of case status and case processing activities, several of which are further delineated into subcategories (see Form LS-3, Exhibit 2, PM 10-200). For example, Item 3 summarizes case status for the current month in three categories: a. Open Cases, b. Closed Cases, and c. Total Cases. Each of these in turn is broken out by the particular LHWCA extension under which the case was reported.
- Submission of Report. The LS-3, LS-3s and the Workload and Performance Standards report should be telefaxed or e-mailed to the National Office at the end of each month. The reports should be sent so as to be received in the National Office no later than 5 work days after the last workday of the report month.