Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
December 3, 2009
Department of Labor to Announce
Fall 2009 Semi-Annual Regulatory Agenda
On Monday, December 7, the Department of Labor’s Fall 2009 Semi-Annual Regulatory Agenda will be published in the Federal Register and posted online at http://www.dol.gov/regulations/ . The Department of Labor’s (DOL) mission is to protect workers by improving working conditions, advancing opportunities for employment, protecting retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, and strengthening collective bargaining. Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis’ vision for the Labor Department is to ensure good jobs for everyone, and the new Regulatory Agenda reflects that vision and the mission of the Department.
New Online Tool for DOL Fall 2009 Semi-Annual Regulatory Agenda: For the first time, the Department of Labor is providing an online tool for all stakeholders and interested parties to learn more about the Semi-Annual Regulatory Agenda. The online resource will be available starting at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, December 7, 2009. Please visit http://www.dol.gov/regulations/ to view Secretary Solis’ speech, accompany her in an online webchat about the Regulatory Agenda, and watch videos of workers and other stakeholders talk about how the issues addressed in the Secretary’s Fall 2009 Regulatory Agenda will impact everyday Americans. We also welcome you to participate in a series of interactive webchats with the Assistant Secretaries of the Department’s regulatory agencies (see schedule below). You will be able to submit questions in advance.
Regulatory Agenda Rollout Schedule
Monday, December 7
- Online Release of Agenda/Speech by Secretary Hilda Solis - 10:00 a.m.
- Webchat with Secretary Hilda Solis (full regulatory agenda) - 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- OSHA Webchat - 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 8
- Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) Webchat - 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Wage and Hour Division (WHD) Webchat - 10:30a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Employment and Training Administration (ETA) Webchat - Noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Webchat - 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) Webchat - 3:00 pm – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 9
- Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) Webchat - 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
As always, any interested parties should use www.regulations.gov to submit comments for any proposed rules that are open for comment.
Last Updated: 12-08-09