Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
Form LM-3, Labor Organization Annual Report
The Form LM-3, Labor Organization Annual Report, discloses financial information (such as assets, liabilities, receipts and disbursements) about labor organizations that have total annual receipts of $10,000 or more, but less than $250,000. The term “total annual receipts” means all financial receipts of the labor organization during its fiscal year, regardless of the source, including receipts of any special funds as described in Section VIII of the Form LM-3 instructions and any “subsidiaries” as defined in Section X. Labor organizations with greater total annual receipts and those in trusteeship must file the more detailed Form LM-2. Labor organizations with less than $10,000 in total annual receipts may file the abbreviated 2-page annual report Form LM-4, if not in trusteeship. To determine which form your labor organization must file, please visit here.
Labor organizations can acquire and complete Form LM-3 in several different ways:
1. Electronic Web-Based version: the Electronic Forms System (EFS) is the OLMS web-based system for completing, signing, and submitting Labor Organization Annual Financial Reports. EFS allows a labor organization with a web-enabled computer the ability to acquire, complete, sign, and electronically file a Form LM-3 report without purchasing a digital signature or downloading special software.
Access the OLMS EFS here to register for the system and obtain, work on, or sign and submit your Form LM-3 report.
Please note: OLMS has disabled the Adobe forms system. If you have questions about this or need help getting started with EFS, please call the OLMS Software Help Desk toll-free at 1-866-401-1109.
2. Download and Print a Non-Interactive PDF Form – You can download and print a non-interactive version of the Form LM-3 PDF, manually complete it in blue or black ink, and mail the completed, signed form to OLMS. Note that this version of the form does not pre-fill your labor organization’s identifying information, perform calculations for you, or run an error check.
3. Contact OLMS for a Hard Copy Form LM-3 – If you are unable to use the EFS version of Form LM-3, contact OLMS to order paper copies of the form and form instructions:
- Call OLMS at 1-202-693-0123 (not a toll-free number)
- Email your request to email@example.com
- Call the Department of Labor's National Call Center at: 1-866-487-2365 (toll free)
- The Form LM-3 Instructions provide specific item-by-item instructions for completing this form.
- Technical specifications help unions convert their financial data into a format that can be imported into the electronic Form LM-3.
- The Electronic Forms System (EFS) Guide to Preparing the LM-3 (PowerPoint Show format - 804 KB)
- If you have difficulty navigating the software, or have questions about its functions and features, you can get help in the following ways:
- Call the OLMS Software Help Desk at 1-866-401-1109 (toll free)
- Email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
- File hard copies of Form LM-3 by mailing to:
Last Updated: 3-10-15