Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
Checklist For Section 5311 Grants For The Small Urban And Rural Program
To satisfy the employee protection requirements and comply with the procedural requirements for the Section 5311 program, the state applicant must assure that the following information is provided to the Department of Labor:
- Indicate the Project number (e.g., MD-18-X012).
- Identify the type of assistance that is being requested (capital or operating).
- Indicate the period of time for which assistance is requested (e.g., January 1, 2000 – December 31, 2000).
- Certify that the recipients have accepted in writing the terms and conditions of the Warranty .
- Indicate where the letters of acceptance are on file.
- Identify the contact person, address, phone and fax number for the state applicant.
- Attach the list of recipients.
- The State’s certification must include the following information for each subrecipient :
- Project description – what is being purchased, for what service and where is it going to be operated/located.
- List of the transit providers in the service area of the applicants/recipient’s project.
- List of labor organizations representing employees of the applicant/recipients, and
of labor organization representing other transit providers in the service area of the project.
- Contact the Department of Labor for sample letters displaying the format for this submission.