Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
Preaward Clearance Requests for Contracting Officers
Prior to awarding a contract of $10 million dollars or more, agencies are required to get EEO clearance from OFCCP (see 41 CFR 60-1.29, online). To facilitate the awarding of contracts, the National Pre-Award Registry was developed. The Registry contains the names of contractors that OFCCP evaluated within the last two years. If a contracting officer finds the name of the prospective contractor on the list, he or she need only note that the company was on the list and can proceed to issue the contract.
However, if the company in question is not found in the Registry, contracting officials must make a request for EEO Clearance to OFCCP. That clearance request goes to the pre-award specialist in the pertinent OFCCP Regional Office.
To expedite the Pre-Award Clearance request process, contracting officers are encouraged to provide the following information:
- Name, address, point of contact, and telephone number of the proposed contractor;
- Name, address, point of contact, and telephone number of each proposed subcontractor(s);
- Anticipated date of award;
- Place(s) of contract performance;
- Estimated dollar amount of contract (if in excess of $10 Million, including options);
- Proposed contract and/or solicitation number;
- Name, address, point of contact, telephone number, and e-mail address of the contracting office/agency.
- Indicate if funding for this contract is under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.